Dr. Shawn Thistle
Dr. Shawn Thistle is a chiropractor, entrepreneur, educator, speaker, knowledge transfer leader and medicolegal consultant. He has been in clinical practice since graduating from the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (magna cum laude) in 2004. From 2004 until August 2016, Shawn was the associate Clinic Director at SHAPE Health & Wellness Centre in Toronto, where he led a multidisciplinary team of health professionals including chiropractors, physiotherapists, registered massage therapists, nutritionists and strength and conditioning specialists. He is currently only seeing private clients.
B. Kin. (Hons.), D.C., Medical Acupuncture, ART®, C.S.C.S, F.R.®
RRS Education Shawn is the Founder & CEO of RRS Education (Research Review Service Inc.). Since 2006, RRS Education has been a trusted source of continuing education solutions for chiropractors, physiotherapists, osteopaths and other manual medicine providers around the world. RRS Education is the only company delivering rational, clinically-relevant information in multiple formats to suit the needs of busy clinicians! RRS Education's weekly Research Reviews are written by clinicians, for clinicians, extracting important clinical pearls to inform practice patterns and patient care. As a practicing clinician himself, Dr. Thistle ensures that RRS Education content delivers practical insight into the rational, clinical application of current scientific research.
RRS Education provides three ways for practitioners to stay current and integrate research into their patient care:
- Research Reviews - new weekly reviews and access to over 700 reviews in the database!
- Online Courses - CEUs from the comfort of home or office!
- Seminars - catch up with colleagues and enjoy relevant, evidence-informed content
RRS Education maintains a strong commitment to prompt customer service and operates in an environmentally conscious manner.
Education & CertificationsBefore entering chiropractic college in 2000, Shawn obtained an Honours Degree (summa cum laude) in Kinesiology from McMaster University. He also holds a certificate in Contemporary Medical Acupuncture from McMaster University, and is a Certified Active Release Techniques® Soft Tissue Treatment (ART®) provider. In addition, Shawn is a provider and Certified Instructor in Functional Anatomic Palpation Systems & Functional Range Release F.R.®, courses addressing specificity of palpation and manual treatment and rehabilitation of myofascial structures. He is also certified as a Strength and Conditioning Specialist (C.S.C.S.) through the National Strength and Conditioning Association NSCA-USA.
- Faculty Member at CMCC:since graduating in 2004, Shawn has remained involved at CMCC as a part-time faculty member, lecturing in the Department of Orthopedics.
- Medicolegal Consultant: Shawn specializes in Standard of Care queries in medicolegal cases involving chiropractors for lawyers, plaintiffs and defendants... more info
- Lecturer & Public Speaker Shawn blends contemporary research with his entrepreneurial business acumen and experience in clinical practice to provide passionate, high-energy presentations on topics relating to Chiropractic and Manual Medicine to Chiropractic, Physiotherapy and Sport Therapy organizations and colleges as well as groups interested in learning about health and fitness...
COMMENTS from colleagues who attend Shawn's seminars & conference lectures.
Dr. Thistle with OCA President Dr. Ken BroughDr. Thistle receives the 2017 Dr. Michael Brickman Heart & Hands Award honouring the memory of OCA Board Director Dr. Michael Brickman. This prestigious award is presented to the doctor who best embodies a generous and giving spirit with a remarkable passion and dedication to the precepts of chiropractic.
Nominated and selected by the membership, the recipient is a chiropractor who has practiced for at least 10 years and has made a tremendous impact through selfless devotion to patient treatment. This individual has earned the respect of their peers by contributing to both the practice and reputation of chiropractic.